I wanted to take a break from the blog tour to talk resolutions.
Do you guys do this?
I like doing it, even though the whole New Years goal thing has gotten a bad rap over time -- which I chalk up to all those resolutions to lose weight and exercise more. Because if we're going to talk about THAT, well then, I'd be right there with you. I've tried to get exercise solidly into my life for YEARS. Yeah. So let's forget about those for now, okay?
Anyway, I like thinking through the things I'd like to see happen in the next year. This year, 2013 I've got more modest goals (it seems). Maybe it's because this year I'm seeing my book come into publication. (Yesterday was the big day! Yay!)
But what do I want to do in 2013? Here's my list:
- I'd like to do more reading about spirituality. I want to go hardcore this year. No Christianity-light stuff, more stuff like Thomas Merton, for instance. I want to work on some spiritual calluses this year. I feel ready for it!
- I want to make bread using my hands, my proofing basket, and my baking stone. Enough reading about it -- let's do it!
- I want to make my own mustard, because how cool is that?
- I want to get back into a regular working rhythm again. (This means regular time at my desk working.)
- I want to read William Souder's biography of Rachel Carson.
- I want to write up this food project I've been working on.
- I'd also like to finish all the cooking/food reading I've got lined up -- nearly there, just not quite finished.
- I'd like to start exploring Indian cooking -- which means reading about it like I did with bread baking, and canning.
- I want to finish a pair of mittens I started in 2011. Got one done, how about the other?
- I want to walk across England. (Yes I do -- which means I need to exercise, and I think this may just get me to do it!)
That's it! What's your list?